Highlights from Week of 2/6
- Our Articles of Incorporation and Chelsea’s ServSafe certification results are finally in and Fresh Takes Kitchen, Inc is official! We’re incorporated, insured, certified, and banked – it was definitely less lean than we initially anticipated but we’re excited to be ready to get cooking!
- After another great meeting with our culinary advisors Nancy Backas and Nell Funk, we’ve developed our pilot menu – see below for details and let us know what you think!
- Next week we’ll finalize our pilot timeline, menu, materials, and processes with the McGaw YMCA. We hope to be off and running with marketing, shopping, and cooking for our pilot taste test by the end of the week.
Sneak Peak of Our Pilot Menu
Our goal is to provide freshly made, easy-to-reheat meals with a balance of lean protein, whole grains and plenty of vegetables. We’re testing “fresh takes” on culturally relevant meals and have designed our pilot menu to include a mix of wholesome Soul Food, Tex-Mex / Latin, and Continental style meals.
Here’s a look at our working pilot menu – we’d love your input!
- Week 1:
- Turkey Mushroom Burgers w/ Oven Sweet Potato Fries
- Green Chili Chicken Enchiladas w/ Tex-Mex Rice & Veggies
- Jerk Chicken w/ Spiced Black Beans & Barley
- Week 2:
- Turkey Bolognese w/ Marinated Green Salad
- North African Chicken & Chickpea Stew w/ Corn and Okra
- Salmon Burgers w/ Green Couscous
- Week 3:
- Turkey Vegetable Chili w/ Seasoned Brown Rice
- Huevos Rancheros Frittata w/ Southwestern Slaw
- Blackened Chicken w/ Braised Greens
Please let us know what you think by leaving a comment or via tweet @FreshTakesKitch. Which ones sound most appealing? How would you make them even tastier? Do you have other ideas we should try?
Check out our NEW Logo!
And finally, to wrap up this week’s post, here’s a sneak preview of our new logo. Thanks so much to Michelle Zulauf and Jillian Pallone for all of their hard work on this – we love it and hope you all do too!
We’re looking forward to including this in our label design for the pilot – stay tuned for more details next week!